11 May 2010

The Harsh Wheel of your Motorcycle Puts me to Sleep

It was around 9.00 a.m. when Ernesto Che Guevara was half way through his journey in South America. The scenes started flickering, the sound became constant, which became my snore with the Television set still running. Then, there they were, my dreams. Friends, plots, adventures, and sins all bottled into one. Before, watching The Motorcycle Diaries, I started this morning in a very peculiar way. I read the entire Old Testament.

The Tower of Babel and Humanity - Men baked bricks one by one. Laid one on top of the other. His tongue was the same as his neighbours. Unity flowed. Why then did God confuse humanity with these languages? Did he do that so we can philosophize further? Did he do that so we can find more Gods? or Did he do that because these men were being preposterous by wanting to reach God? Lord says he knows if man can go to extent of building this tower, he will definitely destruct the meaning of life. Somehow, sitting many thousands years after this incident, with so many skyscrapers teeming out of this land around me, I fear God did not achieve in confusing humanity or in punishing them for trying to reach him or further.

No comments: